New for the 2015 SCBF season we created the King Of Cross and Queen Cross series. So what’s it all about you ask?…..Well I’ll tell ya! Ok so check this out, at each stop on the SCBF Tour we have a bunch of Cyclocross specific and Cyclocross themed competitions. Each competition will be run like heats that riders can accumulate points depending on their standing. The top three riders with the highest points for all the competitions combined will get an award with the 1st place riders receiving the title King or Queen of Cross.
Each stop on the Sugar Cayne Bike Fest Tour will include this series. The top three riders with the most points at the end of the series will be awarded wit the 1st place riders receiving the title The 2015 Sugar Cayne Bike Fest Series KING and Queen Of Cross Champions.
Below is the list of competitions included in the series:
-Cyclocross High Jump
-Cyclocross Bunny Hop
-Cyclocross meets BMX race
-Cyclocross Last Straight Dash
-Cyclocross Fastest Gate
-Cyclocross Longest Skid
-Fixed Gear Longest Skid (Cross/Road)
To make things fair we separated some of the competitors into age groups. 6-9 year olds, 10-14, 15-34, 35&Over. Males will be competing for King Of Cross and Females will be competing for Queen Cross.
Riders can compete in as many competitions as they like to accumulate points. The more competitions you compete in the more points you get.
Below is the point structure for each competition.
-Cyclocross High Jump (1st Place= 10 points, 2nd place and above= 1point)
-Cyclocross Bunny Hop (1st Place= 10 points, 2nd place and above= 1point)
-Cyclocross meets BMX race (1st =10pts, 2nd=8pts, 3rd=6pts, 4th=4pts, 5th=3pts, 6th=2pts, 7th place & above=1pt)
-Cyclocross Last Straight Dash (1st =10pts, 2nd=8pts, 3rd place & above=1pt)
-Cyclocross Fastest Gate (1st Place= 10 points, 2nd place and above= 1point. 5 Bonus points for riders who get the “Captains Chair”)
-Cyclocross Longest Skid (1st Place= 10 points, 2nd place and above= 1point. 5 Bonus points for riders who get the “Captains Chair”)
-Fixed Gear Longest Skid (1st Place= 10 points, 2nd place and above= 1point. 5 Bonus points for riders who get the “Captains Chair”)
KING and QUEEN of Cross awards will be given out to the top three total point leaders regardless of age.
The “Captains Chair”:
- The Fastest Gate, Long Jump, and Longest Skid competitions are for all ages to compete against each other.
- Each event starts with the youngest rider and ends with the oldest rider
- Whoever has the fastest time/longest distance during the competition get’s to sit in the“Captains Chair” until their time/distance is beat and they are dethroned.
- Anyone who earns the right to sit in the Captains Chair will receive 5 bonus points.
- Bonus points get added to riders total points for the day of the event and also their 2015 SCBF series points total
Cyclocross Meets BMX
- Riders will do multiple laps around a BMX track backwards starting from the finish line. Whoever comes in first at the end of the race wins. Cyclocross, BMX(All Sizes), MTB, Trial, Fat bike, Single speed, even beach cruisers can all enter this event.
- Who can reach the 30 yard line the fastest? Come out the gate and pedal as fast as you can to the 30 foot line. Time is tracked by stop clock.
High Jump Comp
- Highest jump wins. If you hit the height pole and it falls you get eliminated.
Last Straight Dash
- Riders compete in a head to head sprint/pump down the last straight in an eliminator competition. Whoever beats out all opponents wins!
- The Straight we use may vary between tracks
That’s about it! If you have any questions about this series, feel free to ask them in the comment box below.
Find about all the other competitions at the Sugar Cayne Bike Fest HERE